All-on-4 — Panama City, FL
Efficient and Reliable Full-Arch Tooth Replacement
Dental implants replace the roots of lost teeth. However, unlike natural teeth, prosthetic teeth do not need individual bases of support. In fact, with as few as four strategically placed implants, our team can rebuild an entire dental arch. This streamlined treatment, known as All-on-4 in Panama City, uses innovative techniques to replace teeth. It can provide you with a beautiful new smile in as little as one day! To learn more about the fast and transformative procedure, contact Baldwin Family Dental today.
How Do All-on-4 Implants Work?
As its name implies, All-on-4 uses as few as four dental implants in Panama City to replace an entire arch of lost teeth. Two implants are placed at the front of the jaw, and two are placed at the back of the jaw at an angle. This strategic surgical plan utilizes areas of the bone that are naturally strong and thick, which means that patients can usually avoid the need for a bone graft.
The initial surgery may involve extractions and dental implant placement, followed by the immediate placement of a provisional denture. You could literally show up at our office with no teeth and leave with a brilliant smile! After a healing period, the provisional denture will be replaced by a permanent prosthetic.
Am I a Candidate for All-on-4 Implants?
You may be a candidate for All-on-4 if you:
- Have lost all or most of your teeth throughout a dental arch.
- Have adequate bone density to support dental implants. (Most patients meet this criterion, even without a bone graft.)
- Are free of active gum disease and other oral health conditions that might interfere with the dental implants’ success.
- Are in fair overall health.
- Are determined to stick to good oral care habits.
If you are not sure if you qualify for All-on-4 treatment, ask an implant dentist in Panama City. Most adults with significant tooth loss can undergo this procedure!
What Are the Benefits of All-on-4 Implants?
Some of the most outstanding benefits of All-on-4 treatment include:
- All-on-4 dentures are permanently fixed in the mouth, so you can treat them almost exactly like you would treat natural teeth.
- A strong bite. Your denture can enable you to eat virtually any food, including tough and chewy items.
- Jawbone preservation. Dental implants stimulate the jawbone and help to keep it healthy, strong, and whole.
- Streamlined treatment. Generally speaking, start-to-finish treatment with All-on-4 is faster than what you would experience with traditional dental implant procedures.
- Immediate denture placement. You will get to enjoy a new smile as soon as possible.
All-on-4 vs. Traditional Dental Implants
Some key differences between All-on-4 and traditional implant procedures include:
- Treatment timeline. All-on-4 is usually faster than traditional implant procedures.
- In most cases, All-on-4 requires just one surgery, whereas traditional implants usually require two or more.
- All-on-4 is exclusively for full-arch tooth replacement, whereas traditional implants can replace any number of teeth.
- Using traditional methods with more implants may provide a greater level of stability than what is available with All-on-4.
- Cost-effectiveness. In most cases, All-on-4 costs less than replacing a full dental arch with traditional implants.