Implant Dentures — Panama City, FL
Dentures that Stand the Test of Time
According to one estimate, more than 36 million Americans do not have any teeth. Traditional dentures are an option for these individuals, but many of them find that conventional prosthetics are uncomfortable and need continual repair and replacement. Is there a better solution? For many people, the answer is yes! The team at Baldwin Family Dental is proud to provide start to finish implant denture treatment. Contact us today to learn more about this potentially life-changing procedure.
Why Choose Baldwin Family Dental for Implant Dentures?
- Start to finish dental implant treatment
- Patient comfort is a high priority
- Enjoy long-lasting and strong tooth replacement
What Are Implant Dentures?
Dental implants are prosthetic tooth roots that we insert into the jawbone. They bond with the bone and can provide an incredibly sturdy base for the prosthetic teeth that go on top of them. Because of this, implant dentures are much stronger and longer lasting than conventional dentures, which tend to become destabilized and require replacement every few years.
There are a few different types of implant dentures in Panama City. Depending on your unique needs, we might recommend one of the following:
Fixed/Permanent Implant Dentures
These dentures are permanently attached to the 4 – 6 implants that support them. They can only be removed by a dental professional. They are similar to natural teeth in many ways, and patients tend to enjoy the convenience of always having their teeth in their mouth.
Removable Implant Dentures
Removable implant dentures, sometimes called overdentures, are easy for patients to remove on their own. Ball sockets or a bar hold them in place. They are usually supported by 2 – 5 dental implants per arch, and they may require less bone volume than fixed implant dentures.
The Implant Denture Procedure
Here is an overview of how the treatment process usually works:
- Consultation. Your implant dentist in Panama City determines whether implant dentures are right for you and talks to you about the road ahead.
- Placement surgery. Our team carefully inserts the implants into your jawbone.
- Osseointegration. The dental implants fuse with the tissue around them. This usually takes at least a few months.
- Restoration. We design and place your permanent new set of teeth.
Although the implant denture process may take several months or longer, the end result is well worth it!
Am I a Candidate for Implant Dentures?
Most adults who are missing a significant number of teeth do qualify for implant dentures. Here are a few criteria that candidates must generally meet:
- You should be healthy enough to undergo minor surgery.
- You must be free of active gum disease and other oral health problems that might interfere with your dental implants in Panama City.
- Your jawbone must be strong enough and large enough to support dental implants (if it is not, a bone graft may help it to become so).
- You should have good oral hygiene habits.
Benefits of Combining Dentures & Dental Implants
Implant dentures are a worthwhile investment of time and money! Some of the benefits they offer include:
- Stength. Implant dentures can stand up to almost any food.
- Longevity. Dental implants may last a lifetime, and implant dentures can endure for a decade or longer. This is in contrast to traditional dentures, which usually need to be replaced every 5 – 8 years.
- Beauty. We carefully design implant dentures with the goal of making them look just like real teeth.
- Jawbone preservation. Dental implants stimulate the jawbone and prevent the deterioration that normally occurs after tooth loss.
- Easy maintenance. In many ways, caring for implant dentures is just like caring for natural teeth.